Monday, January 12, 2009

Another Did You Know Moment

I finally got Win 7 loaded on an older notebook so I could take a look at things. We didn't have a good test box available so it is on a 1.5 gig machine and actually runs better than I expected. There are some obvious changes in the interface - one of my engineers called it Vista on steroids with a new design. So far I am pleased with what I see, but we are just starting to get our feet wet.

I did learn about something I didn't know regarding Vista. At least it was new to me although some days I feel like I live under a rock or something. Perhaps you have a customer with a small business who has been reluctant to move to Windows Vista, or have just wanted to avoid some family and neighborhood tech support duties. If so, you should know that Microsoft extended its Windows Vista Small Business Assurance (WVSBA) offer through June 30, 2009 (instead of December 31, 2008).

This means customers purchasing new PCs with Windows Vista Business or Windows Vista Ultimate between July 1, 2008 and May 31, 2009 are eligible for WVSBA, and support is now available until June 30, 2009. One note, this support offer is only available in the United States and Canada.

Qualifying customers can get free support on:
· Windows Vista questions
· Compatibility assistance for applications and devices
· Guidance on key features
· Detailed technical support for customers who may need help working through a compatibility issue or configuring Windows Vista

See all the details at: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/assurance/

Microsoft extended the offer based on continued positive reaction from small business customers. Especially given the economy Microsoft felt it was important to extend the WVSBA offer to small businesses who have indicated that they continue to see value in this free offer.

Wanted to make sure you were aware of this offer. I particularly like the idea of losing the family support. Just give them a number to call. Much easier to keep the peace with the wife that way!

No comments: